A hurricane threat may cause you to consider changing or canceling your travel plans. Bahamasair offers you the following options if you are ticketed for travel within the area and dates of a hurricane watch. The airline follows the guidelines of the Bahamas Meteorological Office.
Canceling Your Reservation
- Non-refundable tickets- You must cancel your reservation before your first scheduled flight to retain the value of the ticket. Non-refundable tickets may be exchanged for future transportation on Bahamasair up to six months from original date of issue. The normal penalty charge for changes will not be assessed.
- Refundable tickets- Refunds can be requested for refundable tickets. Normal guidelines apply.
- Frequent Flyer-If you are traveling using Flyer Rewards points, you may request that these points be re-deposited to your account. No reinstatement charge will apply.
- Rescheduling Your Travel Plans- If you would like to reschedule your flight plans to your original destination, you must do so prior to your first scheduled flight.
- Rebooked travel must commence within 6 months from the start of your original travel date.
- If you would like to depart early due to a hurricane watch, you may do so with no penalty or change fee. If your originating flight in a round trip itinerary is affected, your return flight may be rescheduled for a later date to allow the original length of your stay. No change of itinerary penalty will apply.
- You may also choose to change your flight plans to travel away from the projected path of a hurricane. This must be done prior to the first date of your travel. Any difference in fare will apply; however, you will not be required to pay the normal charge for changing a reservation.
Bahamasair may issue a more current and lenient policy regarding changes and cancellations once a storm or hurricane is imminent. If this occurs, Bahamasair will notify passengers via Bahamasair.com, email, local print and electronic media.
Bahamasair Reservations Department: 1-242-377-5505
Toll Free from the US: 1-800-222-4262